Tuesday, August 12, 2008

T'was my birthday

Was my birthday on Sunday. Yup! A year older and hopefully a little more wiser. So what did the men in my life did for me?

He sat around waiting for his lunch and then watch TV - its the Games remember? While the other little one is also waiting for his food, play around with my plastic containers and then nap time. Owen was being very well behaved on that day - THANK GOD! In fact I wish for nothing more on my special day that he being well behave and not make mummy really MAD. And for once he did as I wished. :-)

After all the baking, eating and cleaning up, I finally have the time to actually laze around and read a book. That is until Owen wakes up 2 hours later. Then its another round of "built & destroy", "flip & tear", hide & seek (not him - the cordless phone!) and, of course more cuddles & kisses.

Then we went out for dinner at the nearby Chinese restaurant. We can really seldom eat out now ever since Owen started walking. No. Make that ever since he was born!! The reason being; restaurants aren't made for babies and little kids. As soon as he gets bored or the hunger needs has been fulfilled, he'll be wanting to be let out from either the high chair or the stroller! If not he'll make loads of noise by crying or screaming!!

Gifts from June! YAY!


Close up of the needle pouch

So that was for Sunday, but TODAY I received some thing extra. Our door bell rang early this morning. It as the postman and with him its a parcel from home. I didn't wear my glasses - blind as a bat without them, so I didn't see who was it from, until I saw the name. It was from June of NNC!! She was my secret Birthday Exchange partner (organised by BJ).


The lovely work done by June...


The underside (do we call it underside?) of the Love Cube


So what's in the goodies bag? There's a red bag with a Love Cube lovingly stitched by June, a Cottage Patch needle pouch kit, a really cool Chinese paper craft book, some cute baby themed buttons (mental note: must think of where to sew it onto!! Its just too cute to be sitting around) and last but not least, a really COOL cardboard book for Owen. Its so cool that it caught his attention IMMEDIATELY!! WOW! Even the cardboard book we bought him were put aside...

My 1st try. Will get it to go ROUND the next time! ;-)

OH!! There's also a sushi making mold: we place the rice and other filling into it, then pop it out onto the nori! I've made a sample sushi using this and it came out just right: round and all ready to be warped in nori! Too bad hubs aren't into Japanese food, otherwise I'll have a sushi eating partner. Hmm... Which reminds me; perhaps a sushi party with my girlfriends? Since I don't work, can not do bento party right? hehehehehe....

2 comments:

LittleByLittle said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

You can bento for DH, yourself and Owen (ie when he goes off to playschool! - well in a couple of years to come! LOL)

~ mrs lam ~ said...

happy belated birthday to you, shanny!