Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sweet things...

Having fun with mummy....

Its nearly the end of summer here. It doesn't really feels like its summer anyways, with the frequent rain and cloudy weather. But we need to appreciate what we've got and while it lasted... So we were basically having all our lunch and dinners on our balcony when its not raining or windy.



Opps... Papa you want to join in too?

Speaking of which, Owen is getting cuter by the day! hehehehe.... Its really amazing to see babies grow and passing each mile stone with such joy and laughter! He didn't really want smile and laugh for the first two months or so... But then lo and behold, he started to laugh/smile to us rather than in his sleep! My heart really melt away whenever I see him smile/laugh. He has such a cheeky laugh at that.... I do hope that he'll be able to keep his smile/laughter like this when he's grown.... *sigh And he is such a "talker" now. The house doesn't seem all quiet and boring now..... Except when he's sleeping that is.


Home made Tiramisu. Looks good no?


Its been awhile since I've made Tiramisu for hubs. So last weekend I made some; a small and a big tray. The small tray goes to hubs (ALONE!?!) while the big one went to our apartment block BBQ party potluck. I actually wanted to make Thai papaya salad, but seeing that its all old ang mohs in our building, I'd rather not. Don't want to have the ambulance ferry them to the hospital for the burns on their tongue! The potluck was a good one, where we get to meet basically all family members living here. And there was the food.... Sayang never bring my camera there! BUT there's another potluck coming this X'mas, where the menu would be cheese fondue (I LOVE FONDUE: cheese AND chocolate!) and or raclette (pronouced as ra-ke-let): ham and or steamed potatoes topped off with melted cheese.... YUUMMMMYYYY!! I PROMISE THERE WOULD BE PICTURES THIS TIME!


My nasi lemak... too bad no sambal petai!

Its also been awhile since I had nasi lemak. I remembered the 1st time I made nasi lemak. It was rather uncook.... But this time it taste not bad (according to hubs). Would love to make sambal udang petai but instead made curry chicken to go with the rice. Hubs really detest petai and the ikan bilis. Never mind-lor... more ikan bilis for me! hehehehehe....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen sure is growing fast and soooo...cute.
Yummy food you got there!

~ mrs lam ~ said...

wow.... bb owen sure is a cute little one....

June said...

Shanny, these pics of Owen are so precious! He has grown so fast.