Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Copyrighted! RESTRICTED!!

As some of you would have known by now, I've started a small little shop selling handmade hair items with girlfriend of mine. She makes bags and little head scarves, scrunchies, neck warmers etc. We're doing a really small scale "production", if you can even call it THAT! LOL! Like for me, even to come up with 2 designs a week would be a miracle what with being a full time stay at home mum... But still it's been fun making some of it though I can not say much about looking for online inspiration.

As to NOT piss off the online crafting community, I'd like to play it safe by not infringing the copyright of the said artists work. They share their free patterns online because that's what the crafting community is about; sharing what you know and do. Yes, we are generous that way.

But what really annoys me is that there are times when my stuff tend to look like the creator's item, but without intention. I don't spend ALL OF MY TIME online stealing ideas you know! I've got better things to do like looking at flowers/trees/butterflies etc outdoors with my little boys, making/sewing up some stuff than to do THAT!

Then what? Can I still sell them? Did I just stepped into the illegal territory? Should I just e-mail them to ask permission even though I've made it without realising that its one of their patterns? I really have no idea.

Oh ya! By the way, do visit us at Asiafrique Mummies! We are in the process of whipping it up in shape - making more items and redefine some details. At the meanwhile do have a look at  some of our photos there! :)

1 comment:

Carmen`s Sweet Gifts said...

Well said lady :-)