Saturday, May 05, 2012

Postage Stamp Quilt SAL

I've joint a SAL with some gals of NNC. :) We're going to make a Postage Stamp Quilt. Its a make it at your own pace thing but it has to be finish before end of the year. I'm aiming to get this done for winter. :) I HOPE!!

I bought my jelly roll and 3 other fabrics online (as usual) and it was an anxious wait for it as we're suppose to start on the 1st of May. Guess what? My fabrics did arrive on the 1st of May! LOL! Talk about perfect timing...
The colourful strips were cut by me and the rest were from
a jelly roll called Northcote by Cabbage and Roses for Moda.
I'm going to make a 60" x 80" rainbow quilt. This will be my 3rd time making a quilt. The first 2 quilt was a crib size for O and a nephew of ours. I began to cut strips out of the fabric I have on hand last Sunday evening. I was really worried about it having "hills" on the fold. But after following some really good advices from a couple of friends, the strips turn out really straight with no hills in sight! :)
So tonight I finally figure out how I want my blocks to lay but I still haven't figure out how to lay the colours out as I'm still missing at least 4 colours I wanted to incorporate into the quilt. I will be using the very IKEA-ish fabric I got in my stash - bought last year during a sale and for the "just because" reason. :) And now it comes in very handy! Will reveal when the time comes.

OH! Besides this quilt I'm planning to make another quilt for O. Remember this very generous gift from Diane of USA? It's a quilt pattern she bought some time back and recently decided not to make it and gave them to me. Fabrics and appliqué and all! My!! This pattern is called It's A Pirate's Life by The Country Quilter.

I'm am going to bite into this when I can. Just need to save up a little for the batting/wadding as I project that it could costs a bomb! :p Plus I still need to get some shiny fabric but I'm still not sure if this fabric could stand the tumble of the washing machine.... I just might have to get a substitute for it.

1 comment:

zarina said...

So far looking great. And you're welcome about those advices. These stitch-along is a great place to learn good techniques.