Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Getting hitch.. My point of view (blogged on 30/10/2005)

I've been asked many times by friends how in the world did both my husband and I got hitched the first time. For the record, we meet online. But first let me just say a big THANK YOU to ICQ! (applause pls...) Well its funny because people who ask me this question seem to be most of the time is lost in meeting that special someone....

And when they do meet someone, they'll be thinking that perhaps he/she is "THE ONE". I mean why do we have to think about this every single time we meet someone new on a date? Why do we have to judge this person by their looks, behaviour etc based on OUR criteria to find Mr. Right or Mrs. Right?

Besides do we REALLY KNOW at all how or WHATS our CRITERIA? I mean think about it? Most of the time we ladies (sorry guys! no take from men as I'm not a MAN!) base some part of our criteria on our "the only favourite" man of our life, our fathers. Look around us... Like yours truly, got hitched with a guy whose a tat bit boring (like my dad) and have few words (so that I could fill in for him!)... lol.... ahem..... May be not THAT FEW after you get to know him REALLY WELL, that is...

And then there's this talk about the "chemistry" or even "sparks" that "fly" when you meet the special someone. But what actually happens when like the olden days people don't meet face to face until their wedding night?!?! Does "sparks fly" for them as well? For which I don't think so, at all. I think these couples that did survive growing old together "grow" to love one another, through the ups and downs of life. And I really respect THAT! So I guess that being together means that we pull each other closer through the laughter and sadness, through sickness and health, for richer or poorer....

No comments: